Thursday, April 28, 2016

How to get Image from Picture Library using REST API

I used REST API to get the Image form Picture Library and display my Banner Dynamically.

I used normal RESTful HTTP url like asusual Path and Query string param in the sequence of SELECT, FILTER and ORDER BY accordingly  but I am not able to get "EncodedAbsUrl"  in the result.

After I googled I got some idea, form some forums.

Like I used SELECT statement as a last querystring param, like below:

http://sharePointchild.com/_api/Web/Lists/GetByTitle('HomeBanner')/Items?filter=IsActive%20eq%201&$top=1&$orderby=IsActive%20desc&$select=EncodedAbsUrl

Code:

$(document).ready(function(){

var siteColUrl=_spPageContextInfo.siteAbsoluteUrl;

$.ajax({
method:"GET",
headers:{"Accept":"application/json; odata=verbose"},
url:siteColUrl+"/_api/Web/Lists/GetByTitle('HomeBanner')/Items?filter=IsActive%20eq%201&$top=1&$orderby=IsActive%20desc&$select=EncodedAbsUrl",
success: function (data) {

        completeBannerdata(data);
   }
   ,
    error: function (error) {

              failiureBannerdata(error);
         
        }

});

})

function completeBannerdata(data)
{

var items = data.d.results;
if(items.length>0)
{
       $('#imgBanner').attr('src', items[0]["EncodedAbsUrl"]);
       }
}

 function failiureBannerdata(error)
 {

 }

No comments:

Post a Comment